Food, Travel & Photography TOUR VENETO, ITALY
6th - 12th June 2020 5 days / 6 nights
An all-inclusive, immersive food & photography tour in Northern Italy, with a small group of like minded people who are looking to learn new photography skills, capture beautiful images of food, scenery and travel images while touring the Veneto region of Italy, enjoying delicious food & wine experiences under the expert guidance of Annie from Annie's Provedore and photographer Nikole Ramsay.
JOIN ANNIE OF ANNIE'S PROVEDORE AND PHOTOGRAPHER NIKOLE RAMSAY...
as we explore the Veneto region of Italy together, learning about photography, while having a very unique travel experience through the region where Annie’s family are from. You’ll have the opportunity to photograph delicious authentic Italian food and stunning travel pictures in the small towns and villages we'll visit. We’ll spend mornings learning together, then afternoons exploring bustling markets, wineries and gourmet cooking schools. As we’re a small group, there’ll be lots of opportunity for conversation and plenty of time for “ask us anything” discussions.
Who might this tour & workshop suit?
- Are you passionate about travel, food and photography?
- Do you want to learn more photography skills to photograph beautiful pictures including food, people, lifestyle and travel images?
- Do you love learning about and experiencing authentic Italian food & wine?
- Would you like to visit a relatively untouched part of Italy and experience it like a local?
- Would you like to travel and connect with other people who are passionate about the same things as you are?
- Would you like the opportunity to ask a professional photographer for advice and guidance while out photographing on your travels?
- Are you working in photography already but would like to change the direction or area you are working in?
WHAT WILL YOU EXPERIENCE AND LEARN?
- Family owned, Italian hospitality at one of Annies' favourite guest houses
- Unique adventures entered around food & wine in the Veneto region
- Authentic northern italian restaurants, food suppliers and an incredible italian cooking school
- Travel with a dynamic group of people, sharing a fun time photographing things they are passionate about
- About a professional photographers career journey, sharing her experiences and knowledge with you
- How Nikole approaches her photography assignments and how she plans for a successful shoot
- How Nikole creates storytelling in her photography and how you can create your own style too
- What camera settings Nikole uses for food, interior and lifestyle images
- How Nikole read natural light on location or in a studio/indoor environment
- How Nikole pitches her photographic stories to magazines and blogs and how to price for this
Veneto is a northeastern Italian region stretching from the Dolomite Mountains to the Adriatic Sea. Venice, its regional capital, is famed for its photogenic canals, gothic architecture and carnival celebrations. Our week will be spent in the region where Annie's family originate from, steeped in ancient food and wine traditions. During our week we will explore the region, visiting small towns, local markets, authentic restaurants and stunning wineries. We'll experience Italian heritage and delicious food while learning and travelling together.
During our week, we will be based in the Vincenza Hills, staying at a unique and charming guest house. It's perfectly positioned to explore the area and an idea place for learning, as the guest house used to be a local school, which has now been converted into a hotel, one of Annie's favourite in the region.
The guest house is set in a rural area with sweeping views in between the towns of Bassano del Grappa and Asiago. Annie has been visiting the region for many years and has long standing relationships with many of the local people, which means we get to experience Veneto as locals! With Annie's expert guidance and her passion for the food and wine of the area, we are in the best hands!
Annie is the founder of Annie's Provedore, a unique cafe, deli and food store in Barwon Heads. Annie's cafe has become a favourite amongst the locals on the coast as well as a foodie destination for travellers from afar. Annie's store has an authentic, rustic feel, influenced by her time spent in Italy with family over the years. Annie's Provedore stocks some of the world's best cheeses, the famous San Daniele prosciutto and lots of local treats too. Over the last 3 years, Annie has been hosting food tours of the Veneto region and is an expert on tapping into the local food scene and discovering unique places to visit.
A few years ago, Annie commissioned Nikole to photograph some images for her new website and they have continued to work together ever since. The are friends as well as work colleagues and are excited to bring their two areas of expertise together for you on this unique workshop and food tour.
Nikole is a commercial and editorial photographer, shooting food, interiors and lifestyle photography for books, magazines and advertising. Nikole has both local and international clients and she runs her photography business from a home/office in a small coastal town in Victoria. Nikole's work has been published around the world and in many of Australia’s favourite lifestyle magazines; Inside Out, Real Living, Home Beautiful and House & Garden to name a few.
Nikole has photographed 5 published coffee table cook-books, including the much loved "At My French Table" by Jane Webster, two of the "Natural Harry" plant based cookbooks, the winner of Junior Master chef's book "A little Bit of This..." and has a couple more in the pipeline. She has a handful of loyal, long standing commercial clients who she absolutely loves working with.
Nikole lives with her family in the coastal town of Barwon Heads on the Bellarine Peninsula.
- Waking up in a charming, Italian villa with a group of like minded people who are all inspired to discover and learn together
- Having 5 full days to step away from day to day life and focus solely on travel, food and photography
- Photographing & experiencing delicious food & fine wines while learning to be a better photographer
- Being able to re-ignite your creative spark with a photographer who is invested in teaching and sharing her photography journey with you
- Having fun while you learn in Italy!
Here's what's included:
- Welcome drinks and canapes on arrival night
- 6 nights accommodation in a family owned, charming Italian guesthouse
- 5 days of unique food and travel experiences lead by Annie
- 5 days of photographing and learning with Nikole
- Delicious authentic Italian food; all meals, wine and snacks
- Transfers to and from the airport in Italy
- All transportation while in Italy
Annie and Nikole have talked about creating this experience for a number of years and we are now excited to be able to offer this unique tour and workshop with you! This will be the only workshop we do together in 2020 and is a unique opportunity to learn from two leaders in their fields.
Join us for a magical and once in a lifetime opportunity!
Testimonials for Nikole
"I cannot thank you enough for giving me so much encouragement, guidance, and confidence and for recognising and nurturing my potential and setting me on my way. In the short time I have worked under your wing I have learnt more about photography than I have from any uni, tutor, course or boss and I had so many laughs and amazing experiences along the way. On top of this, I have found a wonderful friend! Thank you for being my teacher, my inspiration and my friend”
Photographer - London
"I've been lucky enough to work with Nikole for a few years which has allowed me to see her tackle every shoot with enthusiasm, professionalism and creativity. She always works to get the best outcome for her clients and in the process has taught me countless technical, business, people and life skills. What a legend!"
Photographic Assistant - Melbourne
Want to know more? FAQ's
This workshop is open to anyone who has a passion for food, photography and travel. We will spend the mornings doing a couple of hours of teaching photography, covering some of the things we've mentioned above. Then the afternoons will be spent exploring the region and immersing ourselves in different food experiences.
There will be the opportunity to photograph as much or as little as you like when we venture out. You may like to apply some of what we have learnt in a practical way by shooting some stories of your own as we visit different towns, local restaurants or wineries.
Nikole will lead the morning activities and Annie will lead the afternoon activities so you get to experience a balanced mix of our expertise!
I would imagine that most participants will have their own camera and a basic understanding of the settings and how the camera works, but you definitely don't need to be an experienced photographer to join us!
If you are in Melbourne or on the Bellarine Peninsula, Annie and Nikole will be hosting an information night at Annie's Provedore on Thursday 24th October. We will inspire you with a taste of Italy and bring to life, in person, our experience of travelling in the region together.
You will have the chance to ask Annie and Nikole any questions about the tour and workshop in person.
The cost of the all inclusive workshop is: $5300
This includes all all transfers and travel within Italy, 6 nights accommodation, 5 days of food and photography experience and guidance and delicious authentic Italian food and all meals.
We have room to host 6 participants for the workshop. Three rooms are double rooms (for single occupancy) and there is one shared room which will host 3 participants in one double bed and two singles.
The double rooms are for single occupancy only, unless the couple are both attending the workshop.
We like to create a group dynamic for our learning, so the rooms are for participants of the workshop only.
Flights are not included in the workshop fee. It will be your responsibility to arrange travel in and out of Venice, although we can help you with the planning if needed.
You’ll fly into Venice airport where Annie and I will meet you at the airport for your transfer to the hotel.
On arrival and departure days, we provide transfers to and from Bassano Del Grappa train station. If flying into Vencie, you can catch a train to Bassano del Grappa, which takes 1hr 45 mins.
We will be accepting a maximum of 6 participants only, through an easy application process. This process allows us the opportunity to create a group of travellers that are aligned in their knowledge and learning, to ensure you get the best out of your workshop experience!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the application form.
Yes, all main meals, wine and beverages are included for the tour & workshop duration. You'll be enjoying an abundance of delicious, seasonal food and local wines, just like the locals do!
We travel in a private air conditioned mini coach with plenty of legroom for us all and plenty of rooms for our camera bags!
Our days will be so full that there won’t be time on this workshop for one one one sessions, however I will be on hand throughout the day for chats, support and guidance. In the afternoons when we go out discovering the region, there will be plenty of opportunity for questions, conversations and discussions.
On return from the workshop, you will also have a 30 min zoom/skype call allocated with me for any questions you have after the workshop.